Friday, January 13, 2017

THINK LESS DO MORE

Did you think of anything this time to promise yourself for this year? I'm not sure wether or not I believe in new year resolutions, I'd rather make goals. My goal this year is to think less and do more. That might sound like a stupid thing to do, to think less, but god knows that for the indecisive, the perfectionists, the philosophers, the what if's and many others that might be a blessing from the heavens.

If you're not familiar with the KISS-principle it stands for:
KEEP IT SIMPLE STUPID
The KISS-principle is one that allows you to take a step back and say "ah yes, I could build the next wonder of the world, but is it really necessary (and even possible within the frames of this project!) What is the core, the heart of all this?" And then go back to it. Strip it down. Take the shortcuts. Less is more. Being happy with something you've done and rest in the feeling of knowing that it is good.

As I write this my first short 3d film is being rendered, if my habit of striving for perfection would have ruled I'm not sure it would ever be done. Now I am not talking down to myself saying that the result is bad, rather that someone can get lost in the tweak and adjust of tiny details until the end of time. AND THAT'S NOT SATISFYING NOW IS IT?

Listen my friends. The best ideas are not the ones that are perfect in mind, but the ones that we actually render to life. This is something I know a lot of us need to be reminded of, especially when ambitions are high, ideas many and we actually have a few limits... like you gotta eat, sleep and stuff (And celebrate your victories!) It's all a balancing act. We may fall, but we learn and eventually we will get better, not only focussing on staying on top of everything but also to the point where we can let go and jump around, getting curious and still knowing where we're going. Woho!



Got a bit of aquarelle feelin' going on for the holidays. Here's one of the pieces I did.

So keep your eyes open for my short film. It should be up within the nearest days. In the mean time I wish you a joyful balancing act. May the flow be with you.

No comments:

Post a Comment