Thursday, June 4, 2015

WATCH OUT - vitality!

5 in the morning on a race against the clock with too little sleep and too much hormones. Still I am grateful. For the sun in particular. Thank you for having my back at all times. For shining on everyone, especially the ones who are in struggle, out of balance and the ones who are in need of light in their life. Your gold is for every single one of us. You do not judge or separate. All are equal in your light. You give and expect nothing in return. 

We can learn much from you.

As a lady there's one time of the month that's extra challenging... which also can be challenging for the people around us. This is when you need to pick up the mantras and maybe add a few more minutes of meditation to your day. Be in control of your emotions, not the other way around. You don't have an excuse to behave badly. Don't project your pain and frustration onto others. Let them know how you feel or just enjoy the silence. One of my sisters (sounds like I have a ton, there's only three) said that there is an arabic proverb that says "Speak only when your words are more beautiful than the silence". Well... it doesn't have to be that extreme. You can talk if you want, but don't forget to listen. Not only with your ears.

There will be no update from me tomorrow as I am finishing my last math assignments. Finally.
In the mean time I would like to introduce you to Jona Dahlqvist or YogaJona as she's sometimes called. This is the second book I'm reading by her and she's always an inspiration with her playful and simple approach to yoga and using the yogi lifestyle to succeed in other goals aswell. She's apparently involved in triathlon. For fun. Amazing.
Thanks to Jona I have realised a new favorite word:

vitality.

What is vitality to you? What makes you feel vitality?
For me it was a little awakening. I have felt it without knowing it! This enthusiasm! This just random happiness! This energy that keeps me jumping around even after working for 11 hours! That's vitality. It's in us. You don't have to get vital, you are. Maybe you've just forgotten how to bring it out? Your passion is one way. Your friends and family another. Life energy is contagious. WATCH OUT, you might just become more alive!

Yogalife by Jona Dahlqvist

No comments:

Post a Comment